How to Request Software
Complete the MSDNAA form online.
When we receive your request we will create you an account in the MSDNAA system. You will receive a confirmation email which will come to the email address you provided. It will contain your username and password for your account. The email will also contain the website that you will use to get your software.
How to Download Requested Software
You will need your username and password for this (from confirmation email). If you have not received your email then you need to come by the ACC(117A) and tell one of the techs. Follow the steps below:
- Go to the McNeese MSDNAA website or go to the ACLC website and click on MSDNAA Link on Left hand side. Scroll down to the bottom of page and click on the link to get to the MSDNAA Website.
- Click Login
- Type in Username and password, then click Submit
- You should now see a screen that has software for the title of the page
- Click on the drop down button that says “Search by product Titles”, this will show the list of all software that we offer.
- Click on the one that you requested, then click the GO button
- Next click on the Add to Cart button
- If you would like to add other software to your account before you click check out, then click on continue shopping button and repeat steps 5-7
- Then click the Check Out button
- Sometimes a Student Usage Guidelines page will appear, if it does then just click the I Agree button to agree to the terms of using the software
- On the Next page you are required to enter your last name, first name, and email address, then click on the Next button
- After this you will come to the Order Details page, to continue to the download page click on Download link beside the product that you added to your account
- The next page that shows will give you the serial number, if the product requires a serial number, and the button that you will use to download the product (Please print out this page for future reference)
- Click on the download button. In Firefox click save file, in Internet Explorer click run.
- For Firefox
After it saves the file double click on it to run the installer, then click ok and run. The License Authorization and Software Installation program will start up and it will have a blank in the center that will have C:\Temp listed in the blank. This location can be changed to another file location if necessary. Otherwise the image will be stored in the Temp folder on the C drive. This can be accessed by double clicking on My Computer, then Double Clicking on C drive, and then Click on the Temp folder. You will need to click on the Continue button for the program to start downloading the software. Once done click on the x at the top of the program.
- For Internet Explorer
After it finishes downloading the file it will prompt you to run the program, click Run. The License Authorization and Software Installation program will start up and it will have a blank in the center that will have C:\Temp listed in the blank. This location can be changed to another file location if necessary. Otherwise the image will be stored in the Temp folder on the C drive. This can be accessed by double clicking on My Computer, then Double Clicking on C drive, and then Click on the Temp folder. You will need to click on the Continue button for the program to start downloading the software. Once done click on the x at the top of the program.
- For Firefox
How to Burn Your New Software Onto a CD/DVD
This step requires that you have some kind of CD burning software that is capable of burning an ISO. If you do not have software installed we recommend installing InfraRecorder. This step also requires you to have a CD or DVD drive that is capable of burning. To tell what your cd drive can do look on the front of the cd drive. If it shows Compact Disc ReWritable then it can burn CDs. If it shows DVD R/RW then it can burn DVDs. If it shows both then it can burn either CDs or DVDs. The ACC Labs have both InfraRecorder and Roxio software installed and the computers are able to burn CDs or DVDs.
Run the program and then click on Write Image button. This will open up the Open Dialogue Window. Go to the place where your software was saved (C:\Temp) and click on the software. Then click Open. Insert your blank CD or DVD into the drive and wait for the OK button to become clickable. Then Click OK and it will begin to burn the software onto the CD/DVD.
Right-Click on the software that you downloaded and go down to Open With, then select Roxio Creator. This will open up Roxio and it should be set up to burn the cd correctly. Then just click on Burn to finish the CD/DVD.
Using Other Software
If you are using any other software to burn your ISO images, you do so at your own risk.